Welcome to the Shenandoah Valley Soil & Water Conservation District!
Our mission is to promote stewardship and conservation of our natural resources.
The Shenandoah Valley Soil and Water Conservation District was founded in 1940 and is one of the 47 Virginia Association of Soil and Water Conservation Districts. The Shenandoah Valley Soil and Water Conservation District serves Rockingham and Page counties as well as the city of Harrisonburg. There are a variety of conservation programs available to farmers, businesses, and individuals here in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia.
These conservation programs provide both technical and financial assistance for the installation of best management practices that can have a direct benefit to soil, water, air, plant, and animal resources as well as to you and your production. Funding is provided by local, state, and federal sources. Conservation programs are carried out by district staff and are governed by the Board of Directors. There are monthly board meetings that are open to the public.
Check out the District’s Fact Sheet to get an overview of what all the district does!
Come to one of our local meetings to learn more information about the Rockingham County Septic Assistance Program!
North Fork Explorer’s Camp 2017
- Registration begins May 8th, 2017
- Camp dates: June 19-23, 2017
- For rising 9th graders to current 12th graders
2017 Turner Ashby High School Tree Sale Pick Up Dates
- Thursday March 23, 2017 from 12 PM – 4 PM
- Friday March 24, 2017 from 12 PM – 4 PM
- Saturday March 25, 2017 from 8 AM – 12 PM
Pick up at the Turner Ashby High School Ag. Department
Septic System Repair Funding Available for Rockingham County Residents!
- Having issues with your septic system? The Shenandoah Valley can provide you with funding to fix problems with your failing septic system!
- Go here to learn more about funding to maintain or repair your septic system
Shenandoah Valley SWCD’s Annual Report
- The SVSWCD is currently selling pre-made rain barrels! GO here for more information
Check out our cover crop displays!
- Our Winter Cover Crops are in full swing. Check back through out the season for updates!