Appointed by the District Board, Associate Directors are advisors and representatives of particular interests that are critical to the District. Associate Directors do not vote on Board decisions, but augment District Director’s knowledge and experience by providing support and advice. The Associate Directors also assist with District activities and are appointed for a two year term by the Shenandoah Valley SWCD and may be reappointed. Associate Directors may be elected by the Board to serve as Secretary or Treasurer. Associate Directors may also chair committees. Associate Directors may be appointed to the Board at any time, however, appointments usually take place at the beginning of a new calendar year. Associate Directors serve 2 year terms.
- Dan Downey: Serves on the Dam Maintenance Committee, the Education & Awards Committee, and the Nominating Committee
- Walter Heeb: Serves on the Chesapeake Bay Committee, the Finance Committee, and the Personnel Committee
- Lisa Perry: Serves on the Dam Maintenance Committee, and the Urban Committee
- Blake Rogers: Serves on the Education & Awards Committee
- Rebecca Stimson: Serves on the Urban Committee